Re: Caltech working group meeting

From: John G. Learned <jgl@phys.hawaii.edu>
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 14:11:00 CDT

Dear Gabriella and Ed:

I would like also, if you think there will be time, to tell you folks a
little about what we are doing about searching for an earth center
georeactor. Of course KamLAND is about the worst place in the world for
such a study, with the powerful Japanese reactors all around (just why it
is such a great experiment for oscillations), though they do vary in
power output with time.

At first I thought Herndon's hypothesis to be a crackpot theory and that
it would be fun to put limits on it just to lay it to rest. However, I
have become more enamored of this idea as I have looked into it... there
is indeed a chain of interesting geological evidence (mostly, very hard to
understand noble gas isotopes) which is otherwise hard to understand.

Of course if one found positive evidence for a power source for the
geomagnetic field, it would be a spectacular discovery in the history of
science, with enormous implications outside of particle physics. So, I
would like to suggest some mention of this goal in our report.

Regards,

John