VNC connection information for APS Reactor Group Meeting [Re: APS Reactor Group Meeting Information]

From: Glenn A. Horton-Smith <gas@general.krl.caltech.edu>
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 20:06:01 CDT

APS Reactor Working Group Members:

As previously announced, in addition to the phone and video connections,
we will also have a VNC server running to allow remote participants to
view the presentations remotely. If you are unfamiliar with VNC, it is
essentially a remote desktop viewing tool. See http://www.realvnc.com/.

To connect to the server, use a Java-enabled web browser and visit
http://131.215.109.71:5800/, or use VNC viewer (download from
www.realvnc.com) and connect to 131.215.109.71. The password will be
"APSreactor". Note that the VNC server will be started tomorrow at about
8:30 AM California time.

Presenters are reminded to kindly post their material on the net so that
it can be presented from the machine running VNC, which will be a Windows
XP laptop with Acrobat Reader (PDF), ghostview (PS), Explorer (HTML),
Microsoft Office (PPT,DOC), and Open Office (SXI,SXW,etc) installed.
Posting your material on the net will also make it available to remote
participants who are not able to use VNC for any reason.

                                        Best regards,
                                        Glenn Horton-Smith.